Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Status

Lots of differentiation going on. Unfortunately, a lot of it is happening at and below the "red zone". 7th period, in particular, had no one who even attempted any kind of numerical method for the first stab at the Fireworks problem. There was some considerable engagement when I scaffolded the guess-and-check process, though, so that's something.

1st period actually had a lot more success than any of the others, in terms of finding numerical solutions. Possibly this is the right time for me to be modeling appropriate methods and solutions, but I also don't want to set the pattern of me being the expert, doing the work for them (especially as that's a mistake I've made in the past).

I ought to prep for tomorrow, a fallback plan that involves something they can have more success at. Also, if I write a quiz for Friday, tonight, then I'll likely remember to mention it in class tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home