Thursday, November 20, 2008

Next gear!

I think I need a bluetooth pen-tablet (almost certainly the Wacom Graphire Bluetooth), so that I can use hand-writing recognition with my smartboard.

That starts bringing the price of my classroom up somewhat: the Graphire is $250 retail, as little as $210 in real life (from Amazon-- eBay doesn't have any cheap ones)... Then again, I've done pretty well for myself. Here's the tech-gear I have and use in my room (notably, all of this is owned by me, not my school, because you gotta own your own tools, right?)

Item, BestRetail$, Approx$ I got it for.
XGA LCD projector, $530, $250
Document Camera w/ projector, $850, $250
Wireless projector adapter, $250, $120
Smartboard w/ IR pen, $1100, $50
20'x3' whiteboard, $800, $80

Projected purchases:
Bluetooth tablet, $250, $210
Bluetooth keyboard, $20, $20


So, well under $1,000 for two projectors (one is a document camera, and has bad color; the other is set up as a smartboard that connects to my computer...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home